Movement x Cushioning x Beauty
- story by MaterialDistrict
This textile is developed to support the wearer’s active lifestyle, delivering functional benefits like movement, compression and cushioning.
Movement: The elasticity and design pattern act as a second skin by stretching and bending with the body.
Compression: The elasticity can also offer compression. This can support to:
- Increase muscle awareness and motivation to move
- Enhance blood and oxygen circulation
- Improve performance
- Reduce the time for muscles to repair themselves
- Stabilize joints and help reduce injuries
Cushioning: The loft of the textile leads to cushioning. This offers:
- Padding – for example in footwear or gloves
- Protection in cases of impact, like falls or collisions
The gradient pattern of this swatch is built in from both a horizontal and a vertical perspective to create different levels of cushioning, engineered movement and a visual dynamic.
The yarns and fibers selected are: TENCEL, Merino from Südwolle, Polypropylene and Lycra, offering (in addition to the functions described above) moisture-management, thermal comfort and soft touch.
- Liquids are transported away from the body to the surface where they can evaporate.
- The yarns offer thermal insulation, meaning they deliver warmth in the winter and cooling in the summer
- The yarns are fine offering a soft and comforting touch
The knitting technology applied is the industrial seamless knitting machinery from Santoni Shanghai.