Internship Content(marketing) & E-Commerce (MBO/HBO)
At MaterialDistrict you enter the world of Architecture & Design. An environment full of inspiration, new materials and new ideas. Where it’s all about connecting and inspiring people, because that has been our profession for over 20 years. To expand our e-commerce activities, we’re excited to announce a fantastic opportunity to kickstart your career in the world of digital marketing!
Are you a proactive and ambitious MBO/HBO student with a passion for design and an expert in creating (graphic) content? Look no further! Join our dynamic team as a Content & E-Commerce Intern and unleash your creativity while gaining valuable industry experience.
What You’ll Do
This internship provides a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a wide range of activities, develop digital marketing skills, and contribute to real projects with tangible impact. The ideal intern is therefore a creative all-rounder who enjoys working on an enormous diversity of projects.
During this internship you will use your (design) talent to work on:
- Craft and maintain engaging content for product pages for various e-commerce platforms, including participating in photo shoots (product photography);
- Assist in the management of our e-commerce platform, ensuring a seamless and user-friendly shopping experience.
- Optimize and enhance filters, categories and translations for SEO;
- Create, post and update compelling marketing content (text and image) for the weekly newsletters, the website, the social media channels of some brands from our portfolio;
- Collaborate with our marketing team to create and design event signing for our events.
Who are you?
- You are looking for an internship from September 2023 for 5 or 6 months;
- You are a student enrolled in a relevant MBO or HBO program in (online) marketing, design, content, communication or e-commerce (e.g. Communication and Multimedia Design);
- You have familiarity with (online) marketing, e-commerce and content/media creation;
- You have experience creating visual material in Photoshop and/or Illustrator;
- You are independent, creative and have a hands-on mentality and an eye for detail;
- You are a team player but you can also work independently;
- You have good written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English (additional languages are a plus).
- You film / photograph (as a hobby or as part of your education);
- You know how to work with InDesign;
- You live (somewhat) near our office, for example in Amsterdam or Utrecht
What do we have to offer?
- An inspiring and creative work environment conveniently located in the heart of the country, nestled between Amsterdam and Utrecht;
- A creative and varied internship for 4-5 days a week;
- An internship that presents you with exciting challenges and treats you as a valued member of the team;
- You will be entrusted with substantial responsibility, receive excellent guidance, and a market-based remuneration.
- You start in September 2023;
- Your internship compensation is €300 (MBO) / €500 (HBO) per month (based on 5 days per week);
- Your internship is for 4-5 days a week;
- The duration of your internship is 5 or 6 months;
- You work at our office in Naarden, in consultation it is possible to partly work from home;
- You get 2 vacation days per month (based on full-time);
- Your costs for commuting will be reimbursed up to a maximum of € 11.50 per day if you do not have a public transport student product.
Ready to embark on this enriching internship journey? Join us in the world of Content Marketing & E-Commerce! In addition to your CV, we would like to receive a short motivation at firstname.lastname@example.org and maybe we can welcome you to our team soon!
MaterialDistrict is the world’s leading matchmaking platform for innovative materials. The value of MaterialDistrict as a source of inspiration for high-performance materials is clear: R&D and design professionals from all industries use our platform to discover new material solutions. Daily via MaterialDistrict.com, annually in MaterialDistrict Utrecht and periodically throughout the year with traveling MaterialDistrict Expo, MaterialDistrict Talks and MaterialDistrict Pop-Up events.