S-LEC Sound Acoustic Film
- story by MaterialDistrict
S-LEC™ Sound Acoustic Film is designed to improve the sound insulating performance of glass and guarantees 40% more acoustic protection than standard PVB. Laminated glass with S-LEC™ Sound Acoustic Film works best at dampening the 1000 to 4000 Hz sounds humans hear most.
The Sound Acoustic Film is based on patented three-layer-technology, composed of two outside layers of normal PVB for mechanical strength, plus a special core layer that delivers the sound reduction. The decrease in noise is greatest in the frequency range where windows easily resonate: around 2000 Hz.
Alongside the noise reducing properties of Sound Acoustic Film, other advantages are:
- Protection against vandalism: the glass will not break easily when struck with a heavy object;
- It increases safety: the film ensures that if the glass is broken, glass splinters remain bonded to the film, so that these do not fly in all directions, thus preventing possible injury;
- Radio waves emitted from radios and mobile phones are not blocked, and less skin irritation by blocking ultraviolet radiation (UV);
- Clothing, artwork, artefacts and other items displayed in windows are better protected against sun damage.