- story by MaterialDistrict
Ekoa® is a high-performance, clean-air plant-based composite that can replace wood, plastics, and laminates in all interior applications – from dashboards to floors, to furniture, and so on – with a cost-competitive, carbon-negative, clean product that delivers a higher strength-to-weight ratio than steel.
Ekoa® is crafted of natural fibres and plant resins for strong, elegant surfaces with the best air quality and lowest carbon footprint. Ekoa® has a Clean Air Gold certification and can deliver LEED credits [helps companies achieve their green commitments (A/D LEED credits or Clean Air certifications)].
Ekoa® replaces carbon-intensive materials including metal, concrete, wood and plastics in the following:
- Natural fiber grain furniture, fixtures, furnishings
- Healthy interiors: walls, floors, ceilings surfaces
- Strong yet lightweight: boards, beams, panels
- Sculptural transportation interior parts and panels
- Resilient Infrastructure