BrandTagawa Sangyo Co., Ltd.
Please sign in first or register for free to contact Tagawa Sangyo Co., Ltd..
- story by MaterialDistrict
Limix is a Shikkui-based tile that is formed under extremely high pressure to achieve properties similar to marble. Main raw materials are slaked lime and calcium carbonate. Due to the non-baking technology, all its natural components are preserved in the original, though compressed form. This production process also allows for various customized effects, colours and textures.
Available as wall tiles, floor tiles and wall blocks.
How Limix adds value
• Natural components, no harmful chemicals
• Fully recyclable
• Naturally kills bacteria, viruses, fungi and moulds due to high alkalinity
• Absorbs VOC gasses and bad smells
• Continuously absorbs CO2 as installed final product (total CO2 absorption: 297g / 1 kg of Limix)
• 80% less energy consumption and low CO2 emissions during manufacturing (compared to baked ceramic tiles)
• Naturally anti-static, prevents dust accumulation
• Outstanding hardness comparable to marble
• Individual design options: customized content (up to 50%), textures and embedded objects
• Wide range of custom and standard colors
• Can be used towards LEED credits
• Cradle to Cradle certified (Silver)