- story by MaterialDistrict
The method of Leolac, Foamcoating, is introducing foam, that by application of a technique works as a closed skin on all types of foam. This includes on cut foam and form foam. The material is gentle, strongly and hygienic.
An advantage is that there are no stitches in the product, and that all forms, colour and textures belong to finish possibilities. Each product can be finished impermeable for water by this method.
The coating has been not only arranged for pieces of furniture but also for playgrounds, swimming pools, partitions, mattresses, cushions, wheelchairs, outdoor furniture etc. All made of foam, with or without with a reinforcement, and provided with three covers painting that is spouted.
Standardisations gained for several products.
The products with coatings of Leolac have endured for the following tests:
• Flame retardant acc. to BS5852 source 0 (cigarette test) and source 1 (small flame test).
• Martindale test till 100.000 cycles: no damage.
• Pressure test after 30 000 x a weight of 100 kg: no damage.
• CE-label for medical products class 1. (approved according to 93/42/EEG.)
• Fully washable (60°) even under high pressure.
• The GM sign gained at TüV Rheinland. THE GM sign stand for tested medical product.
The applied coating systems are almost entirely water based and CFK free.