- story by Foreco Houtproducten
WaxedWood Color preserved wood with built-in water repellency
WaxedWood Color provides extra protection against the effects of weathering for highly visible and decorative timbers. Based on a vacuum pressure treatment, timber is protected against wood decay. At the same time a mixture of wax is impregnated. This water repellent additive provides extra protection against moisture and reduces maintenance requirements. This makes it a suitable product for application in cladding, decking, fencing, garden furniture, playground equipment and other constructions.
Effects of WaxedWood Color
- Sustainable and durable protection against wood decay, fungi and insects;
- Appealing natural pale green colour with excellent weathering properties;
- Improved durability of applied coating systems due to increased dimensional stability.
Based on patented technology
For the production of WaxedWood TANALITH Extra, a patented preservative with built-in water repellent, is used. Results in laboratory and field testing proved that it provides sufficient protection for applications in all use classes. The Dutch institute for building and ecology (NIBE) performed an indicative assessment to determine the environmental impact of WaxedWood Color. They concluded that usage of WaxedWood Color has less impact on the environment than comparable building solutions and awarded it with their trademark DUBOkeur.
Advantages of WaxedWood Color
- Quality assurance based on KOMO-certification;
- 15 years independent guarantee on projects;
- Improved resistance to UV-light;
- Non-film-forming coating system;
- Wide range of colours available;
- Guarantee and maintenance contracts available
- Sourced from sustainable managed forests
WaxedWood Color with high quality coating system
Architects are provided with the possibility to use colour in projects, based on the WaxedWood colour program. It offers a range of natural colours and possibility of all RAL-colours. A coating is applied in a modern application facility. The coating used for WaxedWood Color is a water-based system with a proven combination of oil-modified, waterborne binders. The system weathers slowly and evenly across its surface and can be easily coated over with minimum preparation. It provides robust protection against UV degradation. With a transparent system it is possible to accentuate the natural appearance of the selected wood products. This offers a unique appearance related to the selected wood species.