- story by MaterialDistrict
Aqaclean has been developed to deminish cleaning costs and polution of your window. This material is not coated on the glass but burned in, the water can’t get a grip on the surface and the windows stays clean.
The self-cleaning layer provides SGG AQUACLEAN with unique properties when compared with conventional glass:
– Less frequent cleaning required: the glass stays clean longer,
– Easier cleaning: grime adheres less to the surface. The glass is cleaned by rainwater or a simple hose-down with clean water,
– Lower maintenance costs,
– Less frequent use of detergents helps protect the environment,
– Condensation evaporates more quickly when the self-cleaning surface of double glazing is placed in the building’s interior.
The other properties of SGG AQUACLEAN (optical, mechanical, thermal, and acoustic) are identical to conventional glass. SGG AQUACLEAN’s transparency and its visual aspect are unaltered.