- story by MaterialDistrict
Biograde are easy to process blends based on cellulose and composed mainly of natural resources (European soft wood from sustainable forestry).
This material has been especially designed for injection moulding applications. It does not contain starch or starch derivates.
The main advantages of this material are the follwing:
– high content of natural resources materials
– excellent heat resistence – to 115 °C
– injection mouldable on conventional injection moulding equipment
– flat sheet / film suitable for thermoforming on conventional deep drawing machinery
– properties comparable to polystyrene: rigid and transparent depending on grade
– food contact approved
– biodegradability certified by indipendent organisations
- Other naturals