- story by MaterialDistrict
ECOBoard is an environmental friendly alternative to MDF, OSB or fibreboards, that does not release nor contain formaldehyde toxin. ECOBoards however are not made from WOOD, but use agricultural fibres, residue or by-products from harvests, a product that is usually burned as a waste problem.
ECOBoards are produced in emission free factories CARB2 using 97% biomass and just 3 % resin and will emit no VOC’s. They have a negative carbon footprint and will have stored 0.98 kg CO2 per kg including energy used.
Some of the outstanding characteristics of ECOBoards are:
- 100% biodegradable
- 100% formaldehyde free
- 100% durable and sustainable source
- 3% UF free resin instead of 25% glue in conventional PB
- Cradle 2 Cradle 100% recyclable to same product
- Moisture resistance far exceeds than MDF
- Less weight for same strength characteristics as industrial grades conv. PB
- Homogeneous single layer
- Machine able profiling
- Insect free and repellent, TERMITE repellant
- Conforms/supersedes all relevant international standards
- HALAL certified (no animal bone glue, no emission)
- ECOBoard is certified by DUBOKEUR – Cradle2cradle (applied) – EN 312 – CARB2
All colours and reliefs are applicable, like high gloss paint, veneer, bio-based HPL and waterproof coatings.
ECOBoard can be used both indoor and outdoor.
Some examples of its applications are:
- Bio-based furniture
- Interior decoration industry
- Industrial packaging
- Children’s furniture
- Public buildings
- Nursing homes
- Other naturals