Geocell Glass foam
- story by MaterialDistrict
GEOCELL cellular glass. The high-end insulating material from recycled glass combines all the material properties that are required in building construction: It is load-bearing, replaces gravel and offers a thermal bridge-free construction under the floor slab.
GEOCELL cellular glass a is light weight, inorganic building material with a closed cell structure. As a insulating material from recycled glass it combines all the material properties that are required in building construction: Safe – Ecological – Heat insulating. It is load-bearing, replaces gravel and offers a thermal bridge-free construction, ideal for under the floor slab and flanking the basement wall. It is an exceptionally stable, durable and at the same time environmentally safe building material because its base material is recycled glass.
GEOCELL cellular glass gravel – the environmentally friendly, durable and stable low-cost alternative to conventional floor structures, ideal for new construction and renovation.
• Insulating: No extra frost protection necessary, complete omission of other floor sub-structure possible. Thermal bridge free construction
• Pressure resistant: GEOCELL’s cellular structure and extremely high specific surface facilitate an exceptional pressure load
• Stabilizing: The improvement of the load-bearing capacity of unstable terrain can replace measures such as pillar foundations, consolidation fills, etc.
• Insensitive to moisture and capillary breaking: The granulate’s closed-cell surface prevents soil moisture from entering the structure.
• Inert: Meets the highest standards for inert building materials. Leaching tests did not show any resulting adverse environmental effects whatsoever.
• Lightweight. The bulk weight is only 150 kg/m³. Standard gravel weighs approximately 20 times more.
• Fire resistant: non-combustible Class A1, melting point above 700°C.