MOSO Bamboo N-finity
- story by Moso International
Bamboo N-finity indoor construction beams have very good static-mechanical properties, making them ideal for the construction sector. Thanks to the good technical properties it is possible to use thinner beams compared to the traditional used wood species. Examples for applications are: glass facade systems, conservatories, roof trusses and door and window frames. MOSO® Bamboo N-finity indoor construction beams can therefore replace aluminium, hardwoods and glulam.
Bamboo N-finity is the first bamboo material that is certified with an Approval for structural applications by the German Institute for Construction technique (DIBt). With the technical characteristics mentioned in the Approval, the Bamboo N-finity beams can be installed as structural or non-structural elements in buildings that are described in the document.
Preferred properties for construction:
- MOSO Bamboo N-finity indoor beams for (semi)structural applications have very good insulating properties compared to aluminium.
- Like all of MOSO’s solid bamboo products, Bamboo N-finity indoor beams have a negative CO2 footprint over their whole life cycle and are a sustainable alternative to other common building materials.
- In comparison to wood, the structural beams are less sensitive to moisture.
- In addition, Bamboo N-finity indoor beams are very hard and stable, making it easy to work very accurately and with low losses.
Patented finger-jointing method
MOSO Bamboo N-finity Indoor beams are solid bamboo construction timbers developed for use in the construction sector. The bamboo strips are joined together at strip level by a special patented finger-jointing process. Bamboo N-finity has been tested and certified for its mechanical properties (bending, tensile, compression and shearing properties) and is an excellent construction beam. The standard range consists of 4 different cross-sections with a length of 5800 mm. The beams are available on request in the maximum dimensions of 200 x 120 x 12000 mm. This product is suitable for indoor use in post and crossbar constructions as well as for window and doorframes.