- story by MaterialDistrict
Sindrain is a high drainage capacity mat, consisting of a three-dimensional structure of polymeric monofilaments.
The materials performs 4 actions:
- it mechanically protects the sheath during the step of backfilling and throughout the life of the work;
- it filters the water from the ground to avoid the clogging of the drainage section;
- it drains and conveys water from the ground, eliminating the hydrostatic pressure;
- it constitutes an air knife in top surface of the structure, contributing to the thermal insulation.
Sindrain prevents water infiltration and formation of molds and moisture in basements.