BrandTagawa Sangyo Co., Ltd.
Please sign in first or register for free to contact Tagawa Sangyo Co., Ltd..
- story by MaterialDistrict
Shikkui Plaster is a traditional and innovative Japanese lime plaster made of slaked lime of high calcium purity. The series consist of 5 smooth plaster surfaces, with a varying added materials like seaweed extracts, natural plant fiber and other natural aggregates such as egg shell powder. It has been widely used throughout Japan for both internal and external walls of houses, temples and castles, as well as for ceilings and decorative purposes for over one thousand years. Also in a fine polish coat rich in color.
How Shikkui Plaster adds value
• Natural components, no harmful chemicals
• Absorbs CO2, VOC gasses and bad smells
• Naturally kills bacteria, viruses, fungi and molds due to high alkalinity
• Naturally anti-static, prevents dust accumulation
• Fire resistant
• Absorbs and reflects light most evenly
• Wide range of custom and standard pre-mixed colors
• Unique and customized textures
• Much less labor-intensive and requires no sanding in reaching high-polished surfaces
• Can be used towards LEED credits
• Cradle to Cradle certified (Silver)