Rethinking the Future in Shanghai
This spring, Materia is returning to Shanghai for two shows, Domotex (flooring) and R+T (building skins) We’re also co-hosting a conference event at the same time: the Shanghai Architects Fair 2014 which will be held on March 25th and 26th 2014 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre.
The fair is a great way to inform and inspire architecture professionals about the possibilities of innovative materials and new technologies.
‘Rethinking the Future’ is the topic for the Shanghai Architects Fair (SAF). The event consists of a master forum and various themed salons. Within the broad theme, international architecture experts will be gathered to share their knowledge and expertise in the various specialised salons.
Each salon has its own topic, such as Hospitality Design, Innovative Technology and Culture and Conflict, among others. There’s also a Dialogue with Architect. In this part of the conference, the floor will be open to anyone with a question to one of the key international experts.
Speakers will focus on future buildings, looking at the changing needs in future architecture and exploring trends and new concepts within architectural design. Another key area will be the use of new technologies and materials during the Master forum, ‘New Design Opportunity Brought by Material Revolution’.
Speakers at SAF include:
– Ben van Berkel, founder of UNStudio, keynote speech.
– Kasper Guldager Jørgensen, partner at 3XN, who will be talking about ‘Smart materials and Smart architecture’;
– Irma van Oort, partner of KCAP Architects & Planners, on ‘The Future of Urban Architecture’;
– Hina Jamelle, Director of C-A-P Studio, presenting ‘New materials for Architectural Construction’;
– Daan Roosegaarde of Studio Roosegaarde, discussing his work;
– Joan Saba, partner of NBBJ, about ‘The Future of Healthcare Architecture’;
– Els Zijlstra, Materia’s founder, on ‘Innovative and Sustainable Materials for the Future’.
Interested professionals are more than welcome to visit the fair. During the SAF this March, we’ll have updates on Facebook and Twitter to keep everyone informed. For the complete programme and more information, see the SAF website.